Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Classroom Funding: Another Option

Today I am working on my "civic duty" of jury duty. Right now, I'm on a break- I guess you could call it. I have to report back to court at 1:30 to see if I get picked for the jury I've been assigned. I really don't want to because I have a very busy week including an all day meeting tomorrow and a conference beginning Friday through the weekend.  Oh well!

In my spare time today, I decided to do a little research on some funding opportunities. We all know about Donors Choose where donors are able to browse projects that need funding for teachers' classrooms. While looking at funding opportunities I came across one called Adopt a Classroom.org. It's very similar to Donors Choose in that you create a classroom and project that you would like funded. Share it with the world and Boom! Funding opportunity becomes a reality.

Here's the one that I created for my classroom. My school participates in a 25 book campaign where students are expected to read 25 books during the school year. I believe the best way to get them there is to give them a classroom that is full of reading material that is on their grade level and appealing to them. I'm looking for just that for my own classroom.



Try it out! Donors Choose is a great website too. I'm going to see how Adopt a Classroom.org works for now. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment