Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tagxedo

Today, I'm linking up with Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried it Tuesday and Technology Tailgate for Techie Tuesday.


We've all used Wordle with our students. It's such a neat way for students and teachers to produce beautiful word clouds. Now there's Tagxedo!  I know. So what? What's so great about this one? It just makes word clouds. Yes... but you can make these word clouds into various shapes that go along with the words that you are using. You can even put a URL in and the program will pull words from the website and create a word cloud.

As an example, in the News field I typed in "teaching", chose a font, theme (these can be changed later), and hit submit. It takes a couple of seconds for the cloud to be created. 

Here's the word cloud in an apple shape. I changed the font and colors. If I wanted to change the theme I could do that here too. Look at all the possibilities! 

After that, all you need to do is save it! Then you can print it out or embed it.



Here's an example of a Tagxedo word cloud from this website:

Oh the possibilities and combinations are endless! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment