Sunday, July 7, 2013

It's a Sunday Smorgasbord!

Today I'm linking up with Michelle over at Fabulous in First for a little bit of this and a little bit of that. And that's exactly what's going to happen today!


I'm already a little bit scattered with ideas and I've been catching up on blogs, packing for this beach trip (packing the baby for the trip!), and thinking of things I want to do in my classroom next year. I don't think since I've been out of school my brain has stopped. Maybe this week while on vacation I can actually stop and enjoy the time with family and friends.

Bit #1: Tomorrow we leave from DFW and drive to New Orleans for the first leg of the trip. We'll spend the night in New Orleans and then continue to Pensacola, Florida the following day to {finally} get to spend some time on the white sandy beaches of Florida and in the emerald green water of the Gulf of Mexico. I know. Jealous right? If you have any ideas for what we should definitely not miss out on (with a 7 month old) let me know!

Bit #2: She has arrived! {Cue trumpeters} My Erin Condren planner is finally here. In my previous post I forgot to mention I also got a matching iPad case...yeah. It's beautiful. Gorgeous. Everything I wanted. I've already spent yesterday filling in the calendar and taking pictures to make all my friends envious. I already feel organized. I won't stay in that place, but it's nice to start there :) Here she is. This picture definitely doesn't do it justice.

Bit #3: I've seen a lot of people blogging about what they're going to be doing in their classroom next year. I'm going to be honest. I have no idea. I know that I want to keep my gold and black theme (our school colors). I know I want to redo the labels on my bins in my library. Anything beyond that and I'm clueless. I think one reason is because I'm starting a literary magazine at our school but not sure if I'm getting a class to get my staff from or if I'm going to have a club. That makes it hard in figuring out exactly what I'm doing. I also only know that I'm teaching 8th grade Language Arts. I'm not sure how many sections or what else is going to be added. And so I wait. I continue to gather ideas. I add them to my Pinterest boards. My mind might just explode!

I guess that's about it. I probably won't be blogging this week. We'll play catch up when I get back! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment