Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Quietest Pencil Sharpener

"Wwwhhhrrrrr" "Wwwwhhhrrrrr" "Miss! This sharpener broke my pencil." "I think someone broke the electric pencil sharpener." Ugh. These are the sounds I hate the most in my classroom. I hate the pencil sharpener above all. Last year, I would unplug the pencil sharpener when class started as a passive aggressive attempt to stop those sounds. Those kids are smart! They caught on. When they went to put their pencil in and nothing happened, they plugged it back in. Students-1 Mrs. Bush-0.

I found the Quietest Classroom Pencil Sharpener a couple of years ago and pinned it then. In the back of my mind while battling the pencil sharpening noises I would think about it. Then I started reading blogs with other teachers who used it. I knew I had to do it too. Today is that day. With the husband's budgetary meeting pending, I told him I needed to spend $25. He told me $25 isn't a big deal (who knew!) and to go ahead and buy it. So that is exactly what I did! Today I placed my order for the pencil sharpener to end all my headaches. More to come when it gets here. I sure hope this works!

Classroom Friendly Supplies

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment